Eligibility Requirements:For 24-hour crisis help line, anybody can call for help or information. For residential service, women have to be 18 or older, with or with out children, but fleeing domestic violence and are assessed by a crisis counsellor on duty to be appropriate for the services.
Access:Telephone Information Line
Wheelchair Access: Yes
Provided by: Calgary Women's Emergency Shelter24-hour crisis line and residential service which provides for women and their children fleeing domestic violence.
- residential facility offering shelter, food, clothing, crisis intervention and referrals to women and their children fleeing domestic violence or living with the impacts of violence and abuse
- 24-hour crisis line
- a maximum length of stay of 21 days
- children's programs seven days per week
- child support workers who deliver crisis intervention, facilitate groups and activities from Monday to Friday
- weekend recreation workers who take children on outings over the weekend
Resource listings are provided by the individual agencies and program providers. If you notice any errors or omissions, please alert us at email@example.com